While we’re all used to having party bags at children’s birthday parties, the hen do party bag is a relatively new concept. Making up party bags for your hens has become very popular in recent years as a fun way to personalise your event and make it really special. Choose your items well and you’ll also be giving the girls a great memento of a fantastic night.
While there are countless great suggestions for things to put in a hen party bag, making up a “hen night survival kit” is one of the best ideas. You can keep it as simple or make it as expensive as you like as there are so many items you can put in.
Have we convinced you? Then, let’s move on to essentials for your hen survival kit.
Add some personal touches to your hen party survival kit that the girls are sure to appreciate. Whether you’re on a budget or are willing to splash out, there are lots of great unique items that you can choose from:
- Mini photo album – put an image of the bride to be together with each guest in the front of each album and then leave the rest of the pages blank, ready to be filled with shots taken on the hen night itself
- Wedding quote cards – find some romantic quotes and some amusing sayings about love and marriage
- Hen party poem – compose your own verses about the occasion
- Personalised badges – either make matching pins yourself for each member of the group or arrange to have some made up
If you’re hitting the town on your hen night, you might want to make your hen party bag into a hangover survival kit. There are lots of useful items that you could include such as:
- Paracetamol – for treating that headache the morning after
- Sunglasses – when you crawl out of the club in the early hours
- Elastoplasts – to cover up the blisters from those new heels
- Hair bobbles – for keeping your hair back if you need to be sick
- Breath mints – to keep the garlic bread at bay
- Bottle of water – to stay hydrated between shots
Sweets And Treats
Nobody needs an excuse to indulge in some sweet treats, but if you’re looking for a good reason, a hen party is as good as any. Stick with the love and weddings theme by including a pack of love hearts, candy lips, jelly rings or a heart shaped lollipop, or go for something a little naughtier…
You don’t need to go overboard – a handful of well chosen items is enough to create the right mood. You don’t even need to spend a lot on special bags – plain paper bags will do, with a fun label on each. The key is to pick a theme and stick with it, and to choose items that are relevant to the occasion. The girls are sure to love receiving their little treats and it’ll make the event truly special.